WhatsupwithJan

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Wednesday, April19, 2006- 6:43PM Arizona time

Jan was asleep most of the day, but woke up long enough to drink some small sips of Cranberry juice and Sierra Mist. Her spirit would like to share some happy times, but her body is just worn out. She enjoyed seeing the posters we made for the Memorial service, and we played some old home videos of past vacations and shared family time. She smiles and shares the moment's joy, and then the sandman carries her away to another land where she remembers all the wonderful experiences she shared with Veronica on many mother-daughter outings, like trips to Disneyland and the yearly trek to the State Fair.

Vickie and Sandy said their goodbyes and tears again fell like rain.

Today, I was moved to remember that God has given me the gift of Jan for 31 years. The gift was packaged in love and kindness and an enduring blend of help and courage that I would need more than two lifetimes to replace. At our family meeting yesterday, Jan asked for forgiveness for any words she may have spoken or actions she may have done which hurt us in any way. When it was Tyler's turn to respond, he said " Mom, I don't have anything to forgive you for, I have only good memories of you." And, so too, I have only good memories of you, my love, Jan.

Pat

3 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Mrs. Mac said…

    My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family. I can only imagine the pain you must feel ... and yet our hope has to be in the risen Lord that one day you will be together again without pain or suffering. The memories you made together will last your lifetime and help bring your hearts together in this life. Gods blessings to you. Your family is such an inspiration to others about just how precious each day, each small joy should be treasured.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jan & Pat
    My prayers and blessings are for you and your family. Your love, devotion and strength for each other is truly a gift from God.

    Rosie Mendias

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart is filled with sadness for your beautiful family. I pray that you will find strength in your faith to help you through. Your daily messages have been an inspiration. Jan will be missed by so many people. I am blessed to have known her.
    Kathy Anderson

     

Post a Comment

<< Home