WhatsupwithJan

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Wednesday, April 12, 2006-7:56 pm Arizona Time
Jan Writes: This morning Pat and I did some chores together. In the middle of our work, we were surprised by the hospice social worker, who came on the wrong day. Here was an interesting tidbit for us. We consider ourselves to be on the north end of the city, until she said our home is actually the southern most area of her caseload, which extends through Maricopa County and up to Black Canyon City.

Since it is staying so warm during the day, it is time to clean the waterfall and pond, and restore Gracie's "wading pool." Pat cleaned out the bottom of the pond, got the motor up and running, and Gracie has been in and out of the pond all afternoon. This puppy loves the water! She'd splash around the pond, then race circles around the yard like she was in an obstacle course. This evening she, too, was a bit tired from all her exercise, and was about as mellow as I have ever seen.

The afternoon was devoted to Mr. Sandman. I got tired just watching Pat work, and when I laid down to rest, I was O-U-T out. When I woke up and could not believe it was 5:00pm! Enough of this laziness! I grabbed Tyler to come with me for a walk around the "big" block. Dinner followed, with no Suns game to watch, so I am taking care of some more social needs. Speaking about social needs: my brother Bill checked in with us on the computer, and we chatted about simple everday life, such as what we did today. Sometimes my life seems very normal, and it feels good to do such ordinary things.

Gracie update: I don't think we shared about the dog's trip to the vet. She went in to get her annual shots, and the doc told Pat that Gracie was too fat. Believe it or not, our puppy now weighs in at a whopping 85 pounds! I noticed last night her collar was too tight. Too many treats! She is now cut back a bit on her food, and we are giving her carrots in lieu of milk bones and dog treats. She now is wearing a new collar.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home