WhatsupwithJan

Sunday, April 09, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Sunday, April 9, 2006-7:27 pm- Arizona time

Jan writes: After a quiet morning, it was a busy afternoon for me. First, a hospice nurse came to drain my Jelly Belly, using the new pump/vacuum. My jelly belly is a little smaller and softer now, but I still look pregnant, as there is a limit in what can be drawn. Too much fluid removal would alter the fluid balance in my body and cause problems. If you were here, I might ask if you want to feel the baby move. Ha ha! No, I really wouldn't do that to people, but it makes me laugh when I think about it. We were surprised to learn that this "Sunday" nurse lives nearby and her daughter went to school with our son, Tyler. He couldn't remember her until we pulled out a yearbook; he knew who she was, but never had any classes with her.

Not long after the nurse left, a couple of my friends and teaching cohorts, Joyce and Deb, came to cheer and comfort me. We chatted awhile, then it was dinner time and the Suns, which I will quickly return to when I finish writing here.

Today I felt well all day, but the eyes were very blurry. It makes it difficult to do anything visual, such as read, write at the computer, watch TV, or even to simply look at people as they talk. Fortunately, my hearing is fine, so I can enjoy many other things, such as music, the birds on the golf course, and the sound of my family members' and friends' voices.

The other good thing that I'm not sure I ever reported in the blog: The swelling in my legs is gone, or at least, nearly normal. It is so nice to be able to bend my knees!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jan, It's Lauren Ellis. Sounds like you had a good day. Glad to see that you are on the blog and that some of your symptoms are better. Have another good day and stay positive.
    Love, Lauren

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mrs. Mac said…

    Hi Jan,
    Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving your comment. I have to visit your site each day to remember to pray for you. We must be "kindred spirits" and all ... especially since you are a special education teacher and I'm a parent of a special needs child. I only wish my little guy could have a teacher as kind as you sound. May God continue to give you peace through your ordeal. Know that many friends and complete strangers are praying for you.

    Blessings

     

Post a Comment

<< Home