WhatsupwithJan

Monday, April 10, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Monday, April 10, 2006-9:27 p.m. Arizona Time

Greetings friends and family: I had a lazy day today, feeling a bit tired and snoozing at times. I did perk up a bit for a short walk with Pat, a lap around the block and back to pick up the mail. It was an absolutely beautiful day outside, and I had to be out for a bit to enjoy it. I did some reading, worked on returning long-overdue e-mails, and tonight the whole household is watching a dog show, admiring the dogs and choosing our own favorites in each breed.

Some good news: My fingernails are beginning to grow back, and after all these weeks of taking two different kinds of lasic pills, all that excess fluid below my belly has been removed. My legs are pretty much "normal." This allows me to move around and get in more positions while sitting, with more comfort. The miracles of modern medicine!

Right now, the hurdles we face are getting the digestive system regulated, and building strength so I can get up off the floor by myself.

I think I'm still supposed to work on my patience as well, and to learn to appreciate all the blessings I do have. I am so blessed with the love of family, friends, and as Mrs. Mac pointed out, complete strangers. How could you top that?!

Thank you all for visiting my blog and for "being there" for me in my time of need. Blessings to all, and good night.

Jan

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jan,
    It is good to hear from you! Pat did a wonderful job while your family was visiting! He is a great writer, but we missed you! As usual, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love, MaryK

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jan,
    Good to hear from you and what's up with you. I am glad you got to take a walk. I'm also glad your family was there. I know it can bring great comfort to you. Your nuclear family is strong and perseveres like always. I got your nice note in the mail-INCREDIBLE the things you do and the things you do for others. Love, Kathy Guerriero

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jan, It's Lauren Ellis. So glad you had some quality time today doing what makes you feel good. I think you are right about patience. It is said that the Lord places our most difficult obstacles in our way to teach us how to overcome them. I guess it is out of our hands as to how many or to what degree those obstacles will be. Just keep living by your motto. Take care.
    With Love and blessings, Lauren

     

Post a Comment

<< Home