WhatsupwithJan

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Tuesday, April 18,2006- 6:49PM Arizona time

I write the blog early this evening because Jan is asleep and will probably remain sleeping for the rest of the day and night.
Several days of "draining", including today, have left her
extremely fatigued and needing to sleep. The nurse reported that Jan's liver is shutting down, and we are almost at the point where no amount of draining will work to manage the excess fluid spilling into the abdomen.

We had a family meeting today and opened our hearts to each other sharing sadness, sorrow, love, hope and tears. We know that the end appears to be near....We don't know the day or the hour, but we are praying for a painless, peaceful transition.

We thank you for the Grace and strength of your prayers.

Pat

6 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Jan:
    I am so happy you were able to visit with Tami and Kathy last Friday, and have been able to take short walks in the beautiful Arizona weather. You are an inspiration. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wonderful family tonite. God Bless.
    With love,
    Kathy Bye-Marsh

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jan,
    I am sending you God's Blessings.
    I Love you.
    Love Tami

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been enriched reading through this blog but not as enriched as my life has been for knowing Jan and working with her at Desert Valley. Her life has enriched all who have known her. I know her unending smile has been missed around here!

    Thank you for sharing your experience through this contact. My prayers go to your entire family. You are a strength and a great example to all.

    Jody Barton

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jan ~
    Strength, grace, inspiration, wise and wonderful and I could go on and on and on! Your sharing on here each day has been life changing for me and I thank you for the willingness to open your heart and soul to share. You are going to be so very missed but will be in our hearts and thoughts from now on. What a legacy you have laid out :) God bless you dearheart.
    Love you lots,
    Patty

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Jan, Pat and Family,
    My prayers go out to you the the Lord will spare all of you as little pain and sorrow as possible, and as much strength and peace as you need to get you through this.

    Love, Lauren Ellis

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pat and Jan , Tyler and Veronica...you are in my prayers. I think of you daily. God bless. Jean Ann

     

Post a Comment

<< Home