WhatsupwithJan

Saturday, April 21, 2007

On the 1st Anniversary of Jan's Passing...

On the first Anniversary of Jan’s passing

4-21-2007

Jan, at about this time last year, as I lay sleeping beside you, you slipped away. My heart is still numb and heavy with the sense of sad loss that I felt when I looked for a pulse that wasn’t there and watched for a breath that never came. I remember kissing your head and asking God to take the very best care of you in your new and blessed world.

There is no measure of gratitude that I can offer that will ever satisfy the debt of love conferred on me by the grace of your presence in my life. The spirit of your love is still powerfully with me as every day I remember and feel the strength and consolation of your presence. You were always with us when we needed you. When I remember your devotion to meeting our family needs, I am still profoundly overwhelmed with love and sadness. You are as much visible, and appreciated more now in your physical absence, than I was ever able to meaningfully convey to you when we were sharing our earthly journey. Through you came the gifts of Veronica and Tyler. And their presence in my life is a constant reminder and reflection of the goodness, kindness and caring that were and are the sum total of your selfless gift of love to me and them.

On this day, Jan, and everyday, I remember you with prayers of love and sadness and sometimes tears. Always with deep feelings of gratitude and a loving remembrance of your presence in my life. I remember you now the way you always remembered me,
XO,
With all my love
Pat

6 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Mrs. Mac said…

    Hi Pat,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It's very hard to imagine that your dear one, Jan, has been enjoying her new life in Heaven for a year now. By the time you join her, she will have many stories to share :) Keep a positive outlook as that's how she'd have wanted you to remain. Thanks for sharing her with me ...

    Remembering her fondly today,

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Veronica let me know that you would be posting this weekend.

    I want you to know that rarely a day goes by that I don't think of Jan. I walk through the halls at school, visit our old classrooms, interact with a student, have a conversation with fellow teachers...her presence is in the forefront of so much I do as an educator and as a person. Please know that she has not been forgotten, and is still deeply missed...her legacy, and the values of life that she embodied, live on in those of us that were blessed to work with her.

    I think of your family often, as well. I am so thankful for Veronica's friendship, and the kindness she and your family have shown me. I look forward to our lunches, to hear "What's Up" with the Thompsons', and Gracie, of course. :) I can't wait to be teaching with her very soon!

    Please know that you, Veronica, Tyler, and Jan remain in my earnest prayers and warmest thoughts.

    Take care.

    Brooke

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dear brother,
    You have been on my mind so much this last week as we remember a year ago when we all gathered to say our goodbyes to your beautiful bride. Johnny and I often spoke fondly of you and Jan and what a wonderful couple you were. May you be blessed and comforted knowing she is still taking care of you and the family from her throne on high.
    Much love to you and the kids, Mare

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Brother Tom said…

    Dear Pat,

    There is no doubt that Jan is so sorely missed, but lovingly and fondly remembered by all.

    Tom

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice job Pat.....no one could say it better and with more feeling...you are a terrific person, husband and father....not bad as a brother-in-law either!

    When I am driving around on my tractor at the golf course, enjoying the beauty and harmony of nature....I often find myself reliving moments with Jan--a wedding, birthday, phone call and some of those special moments we shared in Phoenix, and some of her dreams she revealed. Jan is a beautiful person and I am fortunate to have such fond and warm memories.

    I don't think I've ever laughed so long and so hard as we all did in the restaurant in AZ at breakfast when Jan fessed up about a childhood indiscretion that we unknowingly both had committed. Patrons of the restuarant even came up and commented at what a happy group we were--I'll never forget that!

    Like you and family, Pat, we miss Jan tremendously and the ability to directly speak with her. But she is always in our memories and thoughts....and maybe, sometimes, she might just be right here with us. I just find comfort in having had her in my life....and that special week in April we all shared last year.

    Thank you, Pat. You're a gem.
    Some days ARE diamonds....

    Fondly, Willy

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Mrs. Mac said…

    After two years of her passing, she is still remembered. Hoping you, Pat, and your children are weathering life a bit easier now that some time has passed. You still must sorely miss your Jan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home