WhatsupwithJan

Friday, April 07, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Friday, April 7, 2006-7:40 pm Arizona Time
Jan Writes tonight: It was a quiet day at our house as Tom was able to meet some friends for lunch on the east side. The rest of the day was spent chatting and of course, eating, always after much discussion about what exactly to eat. I had a rough morning with digestion issues, but did feel better as the day went on. There is nothing like having your family in your house to boost your spirits.

To all my family members, I can never thank you enough for disrupting your lives and traveling long hours to visit. I can see you when we talk on Messenger, but it just can't match the power of having you here and being able to hug you. I miss you already, and Tom barely walked out the door!
Rebecca, our hospice nurse came, drained my belly, and spent a long time talking with us; we are grateful for her tender caring and medical knowledge that she shares with us.

Apparently the blurred vision is common in cancer patients in situations like mine, and there is not much to do about it. It's not really a glasses correction issue, since I just got new glasses. It will probably be something that comes and goes. Since I am dealing with the eye focusing issue, I ask for your patience in deciphering my emails, which I know I need to write to many of you.


What's coming up: another tap on Sunday with the new suction pump that arrived this afternoon.

Many thanks again to Bill, Tom, and Kathy, and to Jim, who would have been here if he had not had surgery to diagnose and repair an ulcer. We wish him all the best as he goes home tomorrow from the hospital in Chicago.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I it is nice to hear that your family (most of them) could come visit this month and share movies, pictures and stories. What a wonderful time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home