WhatsupwithJan

Monday, March 13, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Monday, March13, 2006--9:11-Arizona Time
Jan Writes: Another glorious day in Phoenix! It was a beautiful sunny day, although the breeze was cool in late afternoon when Veronica joined me for a walk. Yesterday I got very fed up with all the little pebbles from desert landscaping that were scattered here and there on the sidewalks; when the walker hit a stone, it would lock up and I would just about go overboard over the front of the walker. Today when I got up, the swelling in my legs was much reduced, and both Pat and the hospice nurse noticed I was walking better. Probably the increased neuropathy medication helped improve the walking as well. In any case, I was still walking pretty well in the afternoon, so I left the walker at home. Veronica and I took the walkie-talkie's just in case we had a problem. It was much easier without the walker, although I was slower and a little less stable on the last part of our mile stroll. The hospice nurse said my belly now looks like I'm 6 months pregnant (lots of pregnancy jokes followed), which means it's time to do another abdominal tap. We'll probably go to Thunderbird hospital next week to do it. Supposedly that outpatient surgery facility gets you in and out more quickly than other hospitals. We've always had good experiences at Thunderbird, so we're happy. And I'll be glad to shrink this jelly belly! I was hemming my new pants as the nurse came in, and I told her that one pair was actually maternity pants! Hey, they fit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home