WhatsupwithJan

Thursday, January 26, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Thursday, January 26, 2006-5:53 pm Arizona Time
Jan Writes: I am very happy to report that thus far I have had no negative side effects from the Abraxane! I felt well and strong enough to go out with Nicki/Veronica to do a couple errands, though I did get tired out pretty quickly. The thing that makes walking tough these days is all the swelling (fluid retention) from the waist down, making my legs like tree trunks, stiff, and feet like concrete blocks. Everyone thinks of chemo patients as losing weight and getting thin; I think I lost some of my weight/muscle, but put on 20 pounds of fluid. It does appear each day to be slowing draining off now.

The other good news is that the oncologist told us there is a procedure to fix my tear ducts so they don't water all the time. Next Wednesday I will go to get them fixed, which will make reading, and everything involving vision, much easier, besides saving my skin from all the tears.

And so, the last good news is ....it's time for the Suns game! Good night, everyone. May your own days be filled with good news as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home