WhatsupwithJan

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Wednesday, January 25, 2006-5:46 Arizona Time
Jan Writes: It was a long day at the clinic today--very busy there. After our doctor's visit, he suggested we go to lunch and come back to deal with the wait for chemo. We did this, but it was still packed in the chemo room, and it took a couple more hours. Pat worked/played with his laptop in the waiting room, coming back periodically to check and see how I was doing. Today I started the new chemo, Abraxane, and got shots to boost red and whites. It has been a good day. Now I don't have another visit for three weeks! If you see an unusual, bright light in the sky tonight, it is probably the moon reflecting off my smile!

P.S. Two things I need to add: Tonight I watched the U of A Wildcats beat ASU, so the light should be even brighter!
2. The Abraxane is administered differently than the Taxotere. It is given once every three weeks. That gives some good recovery time for the body, I think. It may also contribute to my ability to tolerate the regime. Thanks, brother Tom, for reminding me to clarify that.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Brother Tom said…

    Hey Jan,

    It is a BRIGHT night here if you're feelin' ok out there! If you can explain your new treatment process...I thot it was pretty standard 3 weeks on and 1 week off...sounds like this chemo is the oposite?

    Sleep tight! Luv U

    Tom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home