WhatsupwithJan

Monday, January 09, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Monday, January 9, 2006
This morning the roller coaster was still stuck at the bottom of the track, so I made an appointment to see the oncologist. After the exam and some talk, the decision was made to permanently stop the taxotere. Apparently my reactions to the drug are both highly unusual and strong, so we are taking a break from all chemo for a bit. They gave me some new meds for the eyes, skin, and possible infection/pneumonia. Instead of waiting until February, we are scheduling the PET scan now to see what progress we have made, and will be determining a new course that hopefully will be less toxic. I was a little sad to leave behind the taxotere, which everyone says is such a good drug, but oh, so relieved, because I don't know how much longer I could have tolerated the side-effects. Much of my misery will end just with the taxotere leaving the system, and the rest will be helped by the new meds. I suspect it will take a couple days for the antibiotics and other things to take effect, but in the meantime, I celebrate in the knowledge that this suffering is nearing an end. Please pray that we will find a new drug that will be effective, but less toxic. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home