WhatsupwithJan

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Wednesday, January 4, 2006-7:39 Arizona Time
Jan Writes: Chemo day, and the place was packed again today because of the holidays. Pat had to wait in the waiting room as there were no extra chairs. I had a nice chat with the two ladies on either side of me-a rare occurance. Usually everyone is sleeping, and to tell the truth, we were all sleeping after awhile, too. No fever today, but very bloated. I only had one pair of sweat pants that wasn't too tight. I may need to shop for bigger sweats--EEK! It's every athlete's nightmare! Basically, it was a pretty good day. I received shots to boost my white and red cells. This chemo really tears up your body.
As I told the nurse today, I don't care if the chemo makes me bald, fat, red-eyed, claw handed, and ugly on the outside (Aunt Hester, Uncle Fester's twin sister!). All I care is that the chemo is being just as nasty on the inside, killing those cancer cells. I see all these side-effects as evidence that the chemo is working. And now, I am happy that I get to skip chemo next week--my monthly break. Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home