WhatsupwithJan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

WhatsupwithJan

WhatsupwithJan
Wednesday, November 23, 2005-8:47PM Arizona Time
Jan Writes:
Today was such a special day! This morning Pat and I had our monthly meeting with the oncologist, who immediately noticed how much better I was looking than the last time we'd met. He also informed us the the liver enzymes are getting better. We are hopeful!
This afternoon my friend Sandy made a delivery from my school, Zuni Hills. The special ed teachers bought a beautiful flower basket that matches my table cloth perfectly, so is now the Thanksgiving center piece. The students' gift is what took my breath away. The art therapist had the kids make paper mache hearts, all painted with diffferent colors, and filled a box with them: "A Box of Love." Each heart was unique, and I could feel the love in every one. We become teachers because we love children, and the best reward is that the children love us back!
This evening I enjoyed another slow, short ride on my trainer. I close my eyes sometimes and pretend I am riding on one of my favorite routes. Then I open them again to watch the Suns game, which today was another special event: another win, two in a row!
To all my friends, families, and unknown supporters who visit this blog, I wish you a safe, Happy Thanksgiving filled with many blessings.


1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Thanksgiving to the Thompson family. I am thinking of you today. It is the simple things and things we take for granted we should all be thankful for and we are. JA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home